My Address

Sister Breanna Hawkey
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro 20
00141 Rome Italy

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11, 2009

Ciao!
So we got the transfer calls Monday. Everyone's phone call with President was super short, and then he got to me. He started out the phone call with, "Sister Hawkey, this transfer is going to be a little bit...um...strange...for you." After a long and complicated explanation, it came down to this. This next transfer I'll be in Prato and I'll be senior companion with Sorella Millis. Which means I will no longer be able to blame my senior companion when things go wrong! However, for the first 1 to 3 weeks of the transfer I'm going to Rome. The sister in Rome 3 is training this next transfer, but the sister she's training got delayed because of visa problems. There are 4 sisters that live in Prato, 2 for another town about 15 minutes away, so Sorella Millis, my new companion, will be with the other 2 sisters until I get there, and I will be in Rome until the new sister comes. So it's a little bit confusing, and I'm going to have to move twice in the next couple weeks, but I'm excited! I've heard great things about Prato! And it's about 15 minutes from Florence, so we can go on PDays! And I'll still be in the same district (as in smaller version of a stake) so I'll get to see all the members from La Spezia at district conference next month!
So other than packing and saying bye to everyone, my last week here in La Spezia has been great! Every Saturday morning, we go with Sorella Nardi (an older lady in the branch) on a walk along the coast from San Terenzo to Lerici. It's right along the beach, and is absolutely gorgeous! I know what you're thinking...missionary work is so hard sometimes! I don't know how I do it, either! This week she wanted to take us to the castle in Lerici. It was so much fun! It's gorgeous! They turned it into a dinosaur museum, which was kinda strange, but a lot of fun.
Saturday night we had a family home evening with Rita and Salvatore and the elders. It was fun! They are having a lot of trials in their lives and we wanted to go play games with them and cheer them up a little bit. They are so awesome! I'm going to miss that family!
Monday and Tuesday we visited a bunch of people to say bye. The Gianelli family, the ones we spent Christmas with, took us out for pizza Monday night. Tonight we're going over to Daniella's house for dinner. They're a family from english class. She said she'll make me whatever I want. She also said that when I come back with my family, we can stay at her house! Yesterday, we went to the Margheriti's for lunch. They are such an incredible family! They are my family away from home! I'm really going to miss them! We also visited some investigators and inactive members that we work with. Then last night we went to visit the Giannini family, the branch mission leader. They have 2 little kids, and their son is one of my favorite little boys in the world! He's so cute! His name's Luca. Me and my companion had a pillow fight with the 2 kids. They're so cute!
Anyways, life on the mission is amazing! I love it so much! I'm so grateful to serve my Savior. I love being able to preach the Gospel all day everyday, and help others see how important it is. I love you all and hope you're doing great!
Vi voglio bene!
Sorella Hawkey

No comments: