My Address

Sister Breanna Hawkey
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro 20
00141 Rome Italy

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 4, 2009

Ciao!
This week has been great!!! First of all, Jennifer wants to get baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for her!!!!!! We all fasted together with her this Sunday to pick a date. We had an amazing appointment with her yesterday. We don't have a date set yet, but she feels ready and is so excited!
We're working with Carmella, the lady from the Philipines whose husband is in the hospital in Pisa with leukemia. She's great! She has so much faith! We hope to make her an investigator soon. Unfortunately, Presciella decided she doesn't want to take the lessons anymore, and Rita isn't doing too well, but the work continues to move forward.
Last night we had a dinner appointment with an amazing family from english class! They are such an incredible family, and SO funny! We're going to talk to them more during english class about taking the lessons! I think I've mentioned them before, and I really hope that they want to learn more about the gospel. Daniella, the mom, was so worried that I wouldn't like the food she made. She kept asking me if it was good, and saying that if I don't like it, I can just tell her and she'll make me anything else I want. She's so cute! I love Italians! They are so giving, and make everyone feel like family.
On Monday, we were on a bus home from our district meeting. I started talking to an elderly lady. She was so cute! She was telling me all about her family. We both got off at the same stop, and she asked if I would walk home with her. I told her that I would be happy to. She got tears in her eyes and said that normally no one even notices her, and she wonders sometimes if Jesus loves her. Then she said that she knows He does love her, because He sent me to walk home with her that day. She pointed to my nametag and said, "You make me feel Jesus' love." It was such an amazing experience! I didn't do anything, it was all Him. But I was so grateful to be an instrument in His hands to help one of His daughters feel His love. This work isn't about me. This isn't even MY mission- it's His. I'm just the instrument, and I'm forever grateful to be an instrument in His hands.
Hope you all have a great week! Vi voglio bene!
Sorella Hawkey

No comments: