My Address

Sister Breanna Hawkey
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro 20
00141 Rome Italy

Monday, April 6, 2009

April 1, 2009

Ciao tutti-
I'm enjoying my last couple hours in Rome, and then I'm going to Pistoia. I leave this afternoon. I'm really going to miss the people here, but I'm excited for Pistoia. I've heard amazing things about the city and the people. It's President's other favorite city, besides La Spezia.
Saturday was Tanya's baptism! It was such a beautiful experience! Ever since her baptism, that's all she talks about. She keeps saying that she's walking on clouds. Her daughter, Yana, also had a great experience. Yana has been a member for a year but is struggling with her testimony. Watching her mom's baptism was wonderful for her. She felt the spirit so strongly and has really changed since then. I feel so blessed to have been able to take part in some small way in that baptism. I wish all of the people we teach could see how important the Gospel is and have the desire to enter into the sacred waters of baptism. It's such a great blessing we have to be members of this Church, and I want everyone to partake of the same blessings!
Friday nights we volunteer at the food bank, and we met so many great contacts this last week! The people there are so incredibly humble and so grateful for everything they have. They have so little and have so many struggles, yet have so much gratitude. I know I have so many blessings, but I don't always remember to show my gratitude. I take things for granted a lot. But I'm trying to better express my gratitude for my Heavenly Father for the many, many blessing I have.
I love my mission so much and am so grateful to be here! I love this gorgeous country and the beautiful people! This is the most amazing experience of my life. I've come to truly know my Savior, Jesus Christ. I've learned so much about His life and His Gospel and have grown closer to Him than ever before. I've learned a lot about the power of prayer. It is such an amazing gift that we have to communicate directly with our Heavenly Father! The Gospel is amazing!
Vi voglio bene! Buona settimana!
Sorella Hawkey

No comments: