My Address

Sister Breanna Hawkey
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro 20
00141 Rome Italy

Saturday, September 13, 2008

August 9, 2008

9-9-08

Buon giorno tutti!

I’m seriously having a great time here! I’ve never been so exhausted and never learned so much in a short period of time. But, I’ve also never had to depend on my Savior so much and never been so close to Him. All of Church was in Italian. I bore my testimony in Italian on Sunday. I can also pray and have a decent conversation in the language.

Yesterday we taught our first lesson. There’s a building full of mini “living-rooms”. We have to go “tracting”; then talk to our pretend investigator for 15 minutes in Italian. We have to tell him or her who we are, what message we have, get to know him, and then set up an appointment to teach him the 1st lesson—all it Italian. And if that’s not intimidating enough, there are cameras in our room so our teachers and other missionaries can observe us in another room! Then a few minutes alter, we come back for our “appointment” and teach a 40 minute lesson. My companion, Sorella Leckie, and I were super nervous, but before we went in we knelt to pray. As we prayed for the Spirit to be with us, a calm feeling came over us and we were able to speak clearly and give our lesson.

Our district is 10 Anziani (Elders) and my companion and me. The Anziani are amazing though! The whole Italian zone – the 31 of us – eat together at the tables that the Italians have sat at for 8 years! Any time one of the Sorelle come to sit down, all the Elders stand and wait for us to be seated. They always clear our trays and open our doors, too. They take great care of us.

I’ve had so many amazing experiences here already. I could write a whole book to you. All of the firesides, meetings, and classes are incredible. I’ve gained such a deeper love for prayer. I think we pray here more in one day than I used to in a week. What am amazing gift to be able to literally talk to Heavenly Father and know He listens. I know He hears us. I know He cares about each of us individually as his children. Lo so che il libro di Mormon e la parola di Dio. Lo so che Padre Celeste risonde alle nostre pragniere.

Vi voglio bene!
Sorella Hawkey

No comments: