My Address

Sister Breanna Hawkey
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro 20
00141 Rome Italy

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Letter from Breanna

Here is the first letter that my mom got from Breanna. She was so excited that she typed it up for all to read.

September 3, 2008

I got to take my dork dot off tonight!

Caro Mia Famiglia--

The MTC is AMAZING! After you left, I got all my books and a huge bag full of stuff I'm supposed to learn…like I am here to learn to speak Italian or something J . Then I went to my room to unpack. Three of us girls going to Italy checked in at the same time. The other 3 came a few hours later. All 6 of us share a room. The 4 Italian Sorelle that came 6 weeks ago live next door. They made us a big welcome sign and left us treats. Mom--the girl we saw in the temple yesterday, who you said you bet she's going on a mission, is in fact going to Italy! Small world, huh? My companion is amazing. Her name is Sorella Leckie. She's from South Carolina. I already love her!

After unpacking we had an orientation with the MTC presidency. 74 sisters reported today of 503 missionaries total from 18 countries. The talks were so inspiring. Then we ate dinner-yum J Then we met with our Branch Presidency. Our branch is all Italian missionaries--26 who reported today and 5 who reported 6 weeks ago. We had an orientation and then each had interviews with the Branch President. I was made Senior Companion. Starting this Sunday, we have to be prepared to be called on to give talks in Italian in Sacrament Meeting. Whoever is conducting announces 2 speakers who then have to speak. Crazy!

I won't be able to write until next Tuesday. We normally only get to write on P-day but the first day is an exception.

I love you all so much! I am so excited to be here. There's nowhere else I'd rather be right now. The Spirit is so strong here-I love it! You boys be good and send me letters!

Vi Voglio behe!

Sorella Hawkey

PS--Bryce--Happy 16th Birthday!!!

PSS-Give Gizmo hugs from me.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I got chills reading this letter. How amazing it is and what a wonderful experience she will have. Thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Davidson's said...

yeah breanna!!! we love you!

Crystal said...

Hello! My name is Crystal and I am Sorella Sara Leckie's sister (Breanna's MTC companion). I have been keeping a blog for Sara and in a letter I got from her today she mentioned that there was also a blog for Breanna. I've really enjoyed reading these letters. It's great to hear her speak so well of my sister and I just want to tell you that my sister speaks very highly of Breanna and loves her tons! Please feel free to check our Sara's blog. Breanna is in a couple of pictures and you are welcome to borrow them for your blog if you'd like. Sorry this post is so long! :)

Crystal said...

Sorry...just realized that I forgot to tell you Sara's blog address: http://sarathemissionary.blogspot.com/